Tuesday, August 10, 2010

William Gets His Note!

 
Photo by Mike Brown
Stax adds another to Beale Street Walk of Fame Stax artist William Bell, most famous for his 1961 hit song "You Don't Miss Your Water", prepares to plant a kiss on the brass note presented to him in front of the Historic Daisy Theatre on Beale Street while fellow Stax artist Eddie Floyd (left) records the moment and Ken Hall with Performa Entertainment, Charles Mitchell with Jus Blues Music Foundation and musician Bobby Rush show their support. Bell's note will join other famous Memphis musicians on the Beale Street Walk of Fame.

1 comment:

Bob Dean said...

William,

Havn't seen you since the 60's, in Atlanta. You came in to a Venue that I and Vic Ackers played in. Have no idear where Vic is today.

Wayne Jackson and I were at lunch today and your name came up...Nothing but good things. Anyhow glad to see you are posted on fb. I'll tell Wayne as I'm sure he would like to know. Wayne and the "Memphis Horns" should be on fb. I do know there is a "Memphis Horns" on My Space!! Wayne and I are in Nashville. Wayne and his wife Amy, are moving back to Memphis after 15yrs in Nashville.

I'll tell Wayne about your page on fb.
Again good to see you on fb.

bob dean